Welcome to Me...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Amy's Provincial Wingback

This is my second piece of furniture for Amy and my second rabbit nibbled project. The culprit's name is Owen, and he is an adorable little bunny.



You can see here that the base of the back was eaten through. Fixing the back springs was a new feat, much simpler than I was expecting. Her chair was passed down through the family and is now sentimental to Amy. Somewhere down the line, the down seat was thrown away? So, I was given a piece of foam that was used as the seat in the meantime, I made it work. This chair had a gold and green floral pattern originally which I really liked, but had to go. Here is the before...























Amy chose a similar fabric, but very modern, which I absolutely love!! It shows her personal style which is natural colors and organic forms. I also feel that this new fabric gives the same tactile experience as the original. I successfully heeled the rabbit wounds to the chair and now no one will ever know. I learned a new upholstering technique which encompassed the trim along the border of the chair. This was difficult, but great to have learned. Here are the images of the After...

3 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous! Currently it's in the guest room and at least four times a day I go in there just to sit in it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful craftswoman you are! This chair is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Sarah, you do a wonderful job--you are quite the visionary! (Amy's fabric choices are not to shabby either!)

    ReplyDelete