Welcome to Me...

Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Grandma's Rocker

Here again with another transformation of a rocker... My Grandmother had this chair for the longest time, so when it came to moving recently, she parted with it by giving the chair to my cousin Kelly.  The preexisting fabric was quite dated. It was carpety-nylon and just not attractive anymore.  Kelly was looking for something softer and more inviting.  

























The hardest part of the project was the back cushion. You can see that it has a seam that digs in and wraps around and down the middle.  Well that was very hard to replicate.  I don't have an industrial sewing machine yet to mimic this look. So I had to get creative and I make it work. I am very happy with the end result.  And please, no more rockers for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment