Welcome to Me...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Retro Revive























Well here are the tables/footstools/child's seats/space-fillers that have been in my grandparents apartment for a long time!  I do remember when I was little, that I liked the stacking quality, but didn't quite understand the squishiness of the seat? Was it a table or was it something for me to sit on and watch my family play 500. To this day, no one knows the exact reason for what they were purchased for, but all I know is that there are memories attached and I plan on re-using them for my living room as coffee-table-foot-rest-tv-tray. When I received them, they were tearing at the seams and the colors were grotesque... I'm sure they were just lovely in the 1970's. So to fix them up, I glued the seams back together and generously layered on the paint. Now they are beautimous and everyone will be regreting that they didn't take them when Grandpa was offering!




No comments:

Post a Comment